Last modified: June 1, 2018.
A. Why do we collect and process your personal data?
All collected data will be used for no other purpose than research project. If you choose to use access the Game by filling in the Registration Form, your personal data will be stored on our system and analysed for the purpose of drawing conclusions whether the gamified approach is practical to test the critical thinking of readers with regards to fake news stories. For the purpose of research, your name will remain anonymous.
If you are willing to, you can inform other parties about you accessing the game.
B. What kind of data is collected and processed by us?
Personal data for accessing the Game:
- Facebook ID
- E-mail (if provided)
Information You Generate Using Our Services:
When you play the Game, we’ll collect information about the ways in which you use and interact with the Game, such as when and for how long you play the Game, features you interact with, progress or levels you achieve, and other gameplay activities.
C. What additional data we have access to?
Personal data that is stored by Facebook
We access this data in accumulated way with no means to identify an individual user.
If you wish to connect with us in social network platforms and share the information you have provided therein, you can give us the link to your personal profile and consent to connection and communication activities in these social network platforms. You can withdraw at any time by simply disconnecting from our profiles (“unfollow”, “unfriend”), or, if for any reason that is not possible, you can contact us to require disconnecting from you in the social media.
For social networking, you may also provide us with your additional contact information on social platforms. If you have consented to do so, we may process your name, recent and upcoming post and newsfeed information, and all other information you have provided in that platform under profile or newsfeed information but only with mutual connection and communication purposes.
D. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will hold your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
Currently, the research project will last for an uncertain period of time. We reserve the right to keep personal data until the project ends, but not for any other purpose than this project.
We will delete personal data if we identify it as no longer being needed or if you send us a written request to do so. We will delete all collected data upon the project end.
Personal data provided for connecting in social network platforms will be kept as long as these social network connections are active, and you have not withdrawn your consent or unsubscribed; in such cases all your personal data processed for these purposes will be immediately erased.
E. Your data protection rights
For personal data processing which is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal becomes effective for further personal data processing.
Furthermore, you are entitled to such rights:
- Right of access: You are entitled to know whether we process your personal data and what personal data we have, as well as you can ask for more specific information about the processing carried out.
- Right to erasure: We must erase your personal data upon your request and under certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing: We, in some circumstances, are required to restrict the use of your personal data upon your request.
- Right to data portability: You have a right to receive the personal data we have on you, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, but only under certain circumstances.
- Right to object: When we process your data based on our legitimate interests, you have a right to object to personal data usage for such purposes. You can at any time object to your personal data being used for other purposes than stated above, and we will cease to do so.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint in the national data protection supervisory authority.
Our contact information
NATO Strategic Communications Centre of Excellence
11B Kalnciema Street, Rīga, LV-1048, Latvia
info [at] stratcomcoe [dot] org